Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Invitation Letter For Death Anniversary

'm number four Harry Potter Poster

Title: 'm number four
Original title: I am number four
Author : Lore Pittacus
Editorial: Mill
No. of pages: 540 pages
First Edition February 10, 2011
ISBN: 9788427200708
Price: € 17
Rating: 4 stars

Synopsis:
Nine of us came here. We look just like you. The same manner of speaking. We live among people. But we are not like you. We can do things that neither soñaríais to do. We have powers you wished. We are stronger and faster nothing you've ever seen. We worship in the superhero movies and comics, but we are real. Our plan was to grow, train, strengthen and become one to face them. But we met and started to hunt us down. Now we all ran away. We spend our lives in the shadows, in places where nobody would look, integrating. We lived among you without you know it. But they did. Captured the number one in Malaysia. At Number Two in England. At Number Three in Kenya. They killed them all. I am the Number Four. I'm next.

Opinion:
The truth is I expected a little more of this novel, it seemed that had to be a great marvel. Do not get me wrong, it is that is not good, because it is, but I guess I had hoped otherwise. I thought it would be a non-stop action adventure. But the truth is that there is little in the middle-dispersed, and much accumulated at the end. The rest, tells the life of John, an alien who for years now living in hiding from the Mogadorians Earth, some alien from another planet who are the bad guys in history.

But as I said, not everything is action, because many party that counts as life in the new people, making friendships, his loves and his attempt to control and discover their powers, which will help in more than one occasion.

I read it in English and although some parts (especially the action) cost me to understand, it was nothing that could not be solved with a dictionary. But I guess that was not written in English or Catalan izo not find him the same sense of mystery and sadness that would have been likely.

The characters are fine. John is the alien with superpowers, a very sweet and friendly guy with a good heart. Of course, if you mess with him, can do whatever, because when he gets angry ... : S Sarah is a normal girl, well, I mean that there is nothing extraordinary. It's a good girl, applied and sincere. It is popular because it was a cheerleader and dated the captain of the team but now devotes his time to photography. And Sam is the typical paranoid geek is thinking all day haha \u200b\u200bbut John ETs do you see otherwise, as a rather lonely boy and in shame but who fights for what he loves.
One thing I did very funny was that during a narrative, the name of Pittacus Lore, like a leader that the world is not John. The truth is I liked the idea that the author put his name on a character that is well decorated. It reminded me of Stephenie Meyer, who appears as "decoration" in one of the films of the saga Twilight.

I think the book you like (provided that you look for one of this genre). But a little tip: if domináis English, read it better in your language:)

Best thing about the book?
action, science fiction and magic, all mixed in the book:)

Worst thing about the book?
could make more history by putting more action and a little more romantic ...

Curiosities:
Now that I've finished the book I can go see the movie, so I've heard is very well done ... to see that:) For now, enjoy the trailer:

0 comments:

Post a Comment